Sea Of Thieves' 1st Content Update Called "The Hungering Deep", Here's When It's Out
Here's what's being brought to the table.
Sea Of Thieves will be receiving its first content update in the coming weeks, and it will be followed by 5 more this year. Exciting stuff!
The first one of the bunch is called The Hungering Deep, and it'll feature a new enemy which crews will need to hunt down and defeat as part of a unique event. The update will also bring with it a number of new mechanics to aid those taking part in this adventure, and there will be new rewards, and it'll be available in May sometime.
Two of the 5 content updates are planned for this summer and will include a new ship, a new part of the map, mechanics, rewards, and additional enemies. The other 3 are planned to arrive before the end of this year.
"We've been listening closely to our community, and we know how keen they are to hear how we plan to grow Sea Of Thieves", said Joe Neate, executive producer.
"As we've always said, launch is just the start for Sea Of Thieves, and we are going to grow and evolve the game with feedback from our community".
Here's what Rare discussed in the above video in regards to the updates:
- Content updates will add major new features alongside new items and mechanics, with new goals and rewards
- Weekly events will introduce new mechanics, or see fun goals for players to achieve in the world
- The Hungering Deep brings a new AI threat to the world, that crews will have to work together to discover and defeat as part of a unique event. It will also introduce a number of new mechanics that will assist players on this adventure, and there will be unique rewards that players can earn as part of this event
- This summer will see the debut of Cursed Sails, which will include a new ship type, and Forsaken Shores, which will introduce players to a new perilous part of the world to explore. Similar to The Hungering Deep, both of these updates will also include new gameplay mechanics for players, new AI threats to challenge and new unique rewards to claim
- Content plans will continue to grow and evolve, based on feedback from players. Based on feedback since launch, Rare changed the priorities for both Pets and Ship Captaincy which had been previously announced as things to add in the new months after launch. These are on the backburner for now while things are added to the game in other areas. Expect plans to continue to be fluid but always with the goals listed above as a guiding principle.
It's worth noting that the content mentioned above will be available to players for free, so you've got that to look forward to!
Are you looking forward to what Sea Of Thieves brings to the table throughout the rest of this year? Let us know below!
Tags: Xbox-One, PC
Written by Megan Parker Posted Has 0 Comments